New post has been published on Jobs at TPS software house
Jobs at TPS software house
TPS is a software, systems and consulting firm specializing in e-Banking and e-Payment products, solutions and services. Established in 1996, TPS is the Pioneer and market leader in the field of e-Banking within Pakistan and Middle East region serving over 120 banks and telcos presence in over 30 countries across MEA, Asia Pacific, South Asia and Europe.
We are seeking keen, experienced, enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our team as a Professional Services Engineers. The role includes co-ordination of all support/implementation activities and ensuring that support and professional services are being provided in line with our software support agreements.
The duties/responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
· Provide 1st line support for company’s projects. Determine and isolate problems (including the root cause)
· Understand the impact and work with the team to provide technical assistance to customers via phone or email respecting SLAs
· Provide daily responses via the Call ID tracking tool, respecting the various Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and updating the knowledge base.
· Collaborate with the Level 3 (Development) team and the QA (Quality Assurance) team to identify new bugs and carry out tests.
· Collaborate with Development Teams to provide input for the new procedures and documentation, and with the entire organization to gain technical knowledge internally.
· An excellent customer service attitude and the ability to respect customers’ deadlines in a professional manner
· Work with the reporting manager to improve existing activities and tools.
· Provide remote and on-site training (new or existing training) to the customers, working with the Technical Writers to develop and update the various training tools and concepts.
Candidates must hold a Baccalaureate (BS/B.Sc.) degree in IT/CS. Previous experience in technical support is a significant plus.
0 – 2 years of experience
Strong interpersonal skills
Good communication skills and customer-focused attitude.
Capability to adapt quickly and positively to change.
Professional and positive attitude to changing priorities and deliverables.
Proactive team player able to negotiate with other team members to maintain high quality of work.
Strong and efficient organizational skills.
Creative in finding cost-efficient and user-friendly solutions
Data base knowledge (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle), programming languages (C++, C#, ASP, HTML, SQL) and operating systems (Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, Solaris) are a significant plus
Length and quality of experience, as demonstrated by achievement, may compensate in part for a lack of formal education.
Experience of Web-based / Distributed Applications & Solutions.
Familiarity with common IT problems and their solutions/workaround.
Microsoft accreditations (complete or in progress) such as MCSE or MCSA would be an advantage
A methodical approach to troubleshooting and problem solving.
Ability to prioritize work and break activities up in general and detailed tasks.
Proactive, Can-do Attitude.
Success & Results Orientated
Works well in a team.
Direct and open style; delivers first time on commitments.
Confident, enthusiastic, committed, loyal and honest.
Languages : fluent in both spoken and written English (any other language is a significant plus)
Gender : Any
This is a great opportunity for someone with natural curiosity, a broad technical background and an interest in providing excellent support to domestic as well as international customers in this growing market area.
To apply for this position, please send your latest updated resume with a cover letter and passport size photograph by e-mail at email@example.com, quoting reference “PS Engineer” in the subject line by 30th November 2013.